Sunday, September 9, 2012

I need a break...

Today, I needed a break from Crimson (She wants to drive me crazy, I'm telling you...! I've barely gotten any work done on her aside from giving her color!), so I started messing with my style some more. I've been trying to do this for a few months now on the side, working on anatomy, and blending in more realistic elements, learning to digitally draw details in a 'smart, not hard' fashion.

I kinda think I've found it, but I have some reservations...

  1. It takes three times as long, approximately.
  2. There are some aspects about her original hair cut I just couldn't replicate without stern lines.
  3. It looses some of it's anime charm.
But then again, their are some reasons why I like it, too...

  1. The detailed look can't be denied or ignored. I think it comes across more professional.
  2. What it looses in anime charm, it almost makes up for in manga charm.
So, I'm leaving it up to you guys. Which is better? Which would you rather associate with the cooking, cleaning, motherly type Lana? And understand--whatever we chose will probably end up being done with the rest as well, rather than ask you guys a million times. lol Thanks everyone! Good night, don't let the vampires bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment